Feel the Difference
TOEFL Summer School
We are beyond honoured at University of Tehran’s ELSA (English Literature Student Association) to be able to declare that our TOEFL course is ready to be used and enjoyed by all those who may need or like it. With a board of experienced teachers, we plan and proceed towards the success of those who join us for an active, exuberant, fruitful course ending in shining scores of beyond 105. We are there, right beside you from the moment you join us till the moment you sit for the test. We check your writings and keep building your speaking even after the classes are over.
Let’s beat it! 😉
There are 4 main objectives designed for our TOEFL courses. In ELSA, we try our best to achieve these goals during the courses:
- To prepare the learners to acquire a reasonably high TOEFL score above 105.
- To help students acquire the famous four skills of Speaking-Writing-Listening-Reading up to an unforgettable level.
- To Provide an effective guidance for acquiring a desired accent.
- To help students to maintain their skill even in the post-test era.
Sepehr Soleyman TOEFL InstructorCommunicationsNegotiationPublic SpeakingResearch SkillsMA English Literature | Director of Litracoria's Book Club | 5'th rank in the nationwide MA Entrance Exam (Konkour)Keyvan Rezaei TOEFL InstructorEditingTranslationPresentationCommunicationsMA English Translation | 8'th rank in the nationwide MA Entrance Exam (Konkour)
- Classes will revolve round the TOEFL techniques (as well as English corrections) only.
- Sessions are divided between two halves: Writing Preparation/ Speaking Preparation
- Listening and Reading skills will be presented through general guidance; the main burden of these two is on the shoulder of the learner himself/herself, regarding his/her already perfect English.
- Classes achieve the best performance when including not more than three students.
- The estimated time of this level is supposedly three weeks.
- Two sessions a week shall suffice. (One discussion Session and one Teaching Session)
- Members of this level have an “acceptable” level of English, and they shall be presented with Advance English notions as well as TOEFL techniques.
- TOEFL techniques are taught with a relatively slower pace when compared to the Advance students.
- Sessions are divided into two halves: General English Course / TOEFL Preparation
- As the mid-term analysis, students will be presented with a TPO test.
- The best, most fruitful performance will be achieved by holding classes including 4-6 students.
- The estimated time of this level is supposedly 2 months.
- One Session a week shall suffice. (2 hours, totally 8 sessions)
- Suggested Books:
- A) Essential Words for TOEFL
- B) 1100
- C) Word Power Made Easy
- D) Oxford Idioms
- E) Delta TOEFL IBT
- Foundational basics including Reading, Vocabulary basic, Grammar, etc. will be taught as the main body of the course.
- TOEFL techniques shall not be presented to the members of this level till they acquire the minimum criteria of the Intermediate level.
- The estimated time span of this level is supposedly between 1 to 1/5 month.
- Group session is the best option for the members of this level.
- Two sessions a week shall suffice (1 hour and half).
- Suggested Books:
- A) 504
- B) Essential Words for TOEFL
- C) Oxford Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
- D) Select Readings (Intermediate/Upper-intermediate Level)
- E) Delta TOEFL IBT.
- F) Understanding and Learning English Grammar (Azar)